On this page I maintain a list of technical blog posts, videos and other lectures that taught me a lot. You should check them too when you have time!
- Software engineering
- Programming languages
- Quantum computing
- Daniel Lemire’s blog, with many insightful posts on applying low-level optimization to common algorithms.
Chandler Carruth’s series at CppCon is a must to understand performance on modern CPUs, with an effective live-demo style.
- Efficiency with Algorithms, Performance with Data Structures on cache-friendly data structures by Chandler Carruth, 2014
- Tuning C++: Benchmarks, and CPUs, and Compilers! Oh My! intro to the
perfprofiler by Chandler Carruth, 2015
- High Performance Code 201: Hybrid Data Structures on small size optimizations and bitpacking techniques by Chandler Carruth, 2016
- Going Nowhere Faster on out-of-order and speculative execution in modern CPUs by Chandler Carruth, 2017
- Spectre: Secrets, Side-Channels, Sandboxes, and Security on the relation between speculative execution and security in light of the recent Spectre attack, by Chandler Carruth, 2018
- Designing a Fast, Efficient, Cache-friendly Hash Table, Step by Step, where we learn how SIMD instructions are a game-changer for hash tables, by Matt Kulukundis, 2017
- C++ as a “Live at Head” Language by Titus Winters, 2017
- Fun with Hashes short intro to hash-based signatures by Adam Langley, 2016
- zkSNARKs in a nutshell by Christian Reitwiessner, 2016
- Quadratic Arithmetic Programs: from Zero to Hero by Vitalik Buterin, 2016
- Keynote: Containers aka crazy user space fun, a great overview of containers by Jess Frazelle, 2018
- American Fuzzy Lop and Address Sanitizer, a high-level introduction by Hanno Böck, 2016
- Click Here to Kill Everybody on the interaction between cybersecurity and policy (and promotion of his new book) by Bruce Schneier, 2018
- Garbage In, Garbage Out: Arguing about Undefined Behavior… by Chandler Carruth, 2016
- The Bits Between the Bits: How We Get to main(), an interactive introduction about ELF files, the linker and shared libraries by Matt Godbolt, 2018
- Futexes Are Tricky on the fundamental futex primitive and how to build mutexes correctly with it by Ulrich Drepper, 2003-2011
- Quantum Computation and Information class by Ryan O’Donnell and John Wright (CMU), 2015